Background

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Knitting Machine Perils

Today's Projects
Today I decided to set up the knitting machine that my mother gave me. She had had no luck with it and handed it over to me. Why not give it a shot, right? I put in the instructional video, which helped me put the machine together with ease. As a result, I seemed to think I could design a cable sweater and finish it in no time. Little did I know that it would take all morning, just to figure out how to get all my stitches to knit! It did not help that my little boy was jumping off the walls during the entire process. He did occasionally add a helping hand, which allowed me to watch him and concentrate on the task that lay ahead of me.

Three hours and several choice words later, I managed to knit a yellow scarf in stockinette stitch for my son. He proudly donned the scarf while we went shopping for material to make my husband a vest. While out, my husband decided he wanted me to knit him a sweater vest for him on the knit machine.

At home I measured my husband and quickly churned out a sweater vest design to his liking (I would equate working with him to working with one of my bridezillas). I immediately hopped over to the machine and attempted to tackle it once more. Unfortunately, it took an hour to knit 18 rows of the waste yarn after having started and restarted casting on 90 stitches. My perseverance paid off. I walked away from the machine with over one hundred rows knit, but it took 3 hours. Dropped stitch repair galore! I'm finally going to bed!

Coming Soon
We will be posting some photos of Melina's projects that are in progress as we prepare for launching our store on etsy.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment