Background

Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Recipe for Change

Nope, no yarn or knitting updates today.  Today, I'm talking about this Reboot that I'm doing.  No, not rebooting the computer, my body (in a sense).  I recently watched the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead just for kicks on Netflix because I wasn't in the mood to watch much else.  Imagine that, a guy made himself healthy by changing his eating habits.  For 60 days he consumed nothing but juiced fruits and vegetables.  He called it a reboot.

Basically, it's like de-toxifying your system with weight loss as a side effect.  There are a select few who may gain weight from doing this too.  The website for this craze is jointhereboot.com.  I'm currently working on the Reboot Standard Program:
  • 5 days whole fruits and vegetables and juicing
  • 5 days just juicing
  • 5 days whole fruits and vegetables and juicing
They don't recommend this before talking to your doctor and I recently just had a physical and bloodwork done.  No risk for diabetes or high cholesterol.  The recommendation on the website is that this particular program can be repeated once every three months if you need it (please, read the guidelines and FAQs if you attempt this).

Today is day one for me.  Weight: 140 (with clothes on).  It took an entire year of dieting and such to lose 35 pounds to get to today's weight.  Last year at this time, I weighed 175 pounds, 3 pounds more than I weighed the day I gave birth to Peanut!  I had put on an unhealthy amount of weight, was considered obese for my height, and my mental and physical health were questionable.  Slowly I lost the weight and can proudly say that I went from a size 14 to a size 8!

Now, I want to lose a few extra pounds and get back down to an ideal weight of 125-135 pounds.  Ideal because when I was anemic I weighed 100 pounds and when I was at the height of my ballroom dancing I weighed 130 pounds.  I seem to be the healthiest and most active right around my ideal weight.

I noticed today that I've been craving bread (my major weakness) and cookies.  What did I actually eat?  For breakfast I had a banana and some green tea.  For lunch, 16 oz of juice made from pears, cantaloupe, and carrots.  For a snack, another banana and some water.  Finally, for dinner I had a salad with balsamic vinegarette and fresh green beans sauteed in olive oil with garlic, sea salt, and pepper.  Excellent tasting food!

Some things to note though...it can increase your...um...bowel movements.  You may notice somewhat of a "withdrawal", which is typical of most diets.  You may have headaches or feel foggy.  I didn't notice any of that today, just the cravings.  We'll see how that goes.

I'll report on the diet again on day 1 of the juicing phase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment