Background

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fur Baby Christmas

Baby Buddy loved watching over newborn Peanut.
He would peek into his bassinet and watch him sleep for
hours at a time.  He's a good big brother.
If there was anything I could learn this holiday season, it is humility, because you may have so many things to be thankful for, but you could lose them at any time.  Today, I am thankful for my four fur babies.  Especially now that one of them, whom we lovingly call Baby Buddy, has been diagnosed with a tennis ball-sized growth in his abdomen.

Although his growth may be benign, he has lost a significant amount of weight for a cat.  To put it another way, it'd be like a human losing 50 pounds.  His illness could be cystic kidneys or a carcinoma according to the vet, but we have to wait for the biopsy results before we take a course of action.  In the mean time, I'm spoiling him rotten and celebrating all the fun times we had together.

Baby Buddy finds the funniest places to sleep.
His favorite two places: under the Christmas tree and curled up
next to the cable router.
He came to our home as a rescue pet back in 2006 at age one and a half.  He's a kitten at heart and is always in a good mood, no matter what.  When I got pregnant with Peanut, Baby Buddy stayed by my side while I was on strict bed rest.  He even massaged my belly and aching bones during my rough pregnancy.  Once Peanut arrived, he took on the role of big brother.  He was the first to examine the new baby and would always stay perched over Peanut's crib and would come get me if Peanut started crying. 

We got our kitten, Q, because he looked just like Baby Buddy and had a very similar personality.  Baby Buddy and Q act like they were litter mates.  Q doles out loving kisses and Baby Buddy runs around the house happily, knowing that he has another cat who loves to play with him.

Underneath the Christmas tree, waiting for Santa.
Please send loving thoughts and prayers to Baby Buddy during this holiday season.  Although it could be his last holiday with us, he will have a permanent place in my heart.  He's taken great care of me and my family during some life changing events and I will always love him like a child.

0 comments:

Post a Comment