Background

Friday, June 10, 2011

Mad About Cats

Current Projects
  • Patriotic Toeless Socks: Here's a sample of what the toeless socks look like.  They are calf-high and the foot ends at about the arch of a medium sock (7-8 size shoe).  I could not get the cuff to lay properly for the picture.  The good thing about this particular sock is that it did not require any blocking.  The bottom ends with a K1, P1 rib.  EASY AS PIE! 
Patriotic Colors!
 
  • "The Dude" Sweater:  I am attempting to continue progress on the back of the sweater, and I am almost done with chart 2a.  Unfortunately, these guys got in the way of any more progress today.
Baby Buddy (Age 7)
Gray (Age 11)

Kira (Age 10)
For the first time in the many years that I have been knitting, the cats have become interested in The Dude's yarn.  My only guess as to why is that this is the first time I have worked with 100% wool and maybe they like the feel or smell of it.  Luckily, I have a fresh catnip plant and a spray bottle (with water) to keep them at bay a bit while I feverishly knit.  Needless to say, my even cuter husband and son have got me distracted as well.  Especially now that my almost two year old has started speaking in some full sentences (no really, he does speak in full sentences, but I do have to translate for my husband sometimes).

Coming Soon
Family pictures and my 29th birthday is on its way. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment