Background

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sew Good

Completed Projects
Baby Items
I was working on a few things to send to my best friend's sister who is having another baby.  She lives in France and I don't get to see her as much anymore.  Using the new sewing machine, I can sew much straighter and even got the chance to do a topstitch that does not get all "jacked up" as it did with the sewing machine I got from my mom.  So here's what I made:


Baby Blanket
(Cropped to edit out my husband)



Contoured Burp Cloth



Burp Cloth



Round Bib


Square Bib




Wipes Holder

These were really easy to make.  The blanket front came pre-quilted and I attached a piece of fabric to the back that matches the patches that are yellow with polka dots.  The other pieces came in a kit where you just cut out the pieces, sew a 1/4 inch seam, turn them inside out and press, then topstitch a 1/8 inch seam.  It took just a couple of hours to complete everything, including about 45 minutes of ironing seams.

Coming Soon
Pictures of the progress on "The Dude".


0 comments:

Post a Comment